On 26 October 2023, the National Assembly of Republic of Serbia adopted the Law on Amendments to the Law on State Survey and Cadastre, as well as the Law on Amendments to the Law on the Registration Procedure with the Cadastre of Real Estate and Utilities.
The new amendments to the Law on Real Estate Cadastre introduce a series of changes aimed at establishing a new and unique database in which infrastructure and underground facilities will be registered with a new cadastre of infrastructure and underground facilities. Amendments to the Law on Registration with the Real Estate Cadastre aim to ensure a more efficient procedure for registration of the real estate property in the Real Estate Cadastre, as well as harmonizing the amended provisions of this law with the new amendments to the Law on the Real Estate Cadastre.
Key amendments to the Law on Real Estate Cadastre
- Cadastre of Utilities now bears a new name and function as the Cadastre of infrastructure and underground facilities, i.e., Cadastre of Infrastructure;
- The Cadastre of Infrastructure will ensure access to information in singular date base regarding all forms of infrastructure facilities;
- Previous terms the “Real Estate Sheet” and the “Utilities Sheet” have been amended, which will be designated as the Excerpt from the Database of the Real Estate Cadastre and the Excerpt from the Database of the Cadastre of Infrastructure;
- Provisions concerning real estate evaluation have been harmonized with international standards and comparative practice in the field of mass real estate evaluation.
Key amendments to the Law on Registration with the Real Estate Cadastre
- Each real estate will be assigned a unique real estate registration number in the process of registration with the cadaster;
- Provisions which regulate the registration of real estate ex officio, i.e. by force of law, has been amended;
- Real Estate Cadaster officials who fail to pass a decision on the request for registration are no longer subject to misdemeanor liability.
Application of the Law
Amendments to the Law on the Real Estate Cadastre and the Law on Registration with the Real Estate Cadastre will enter into force on 4 November 2023.
Download Newsletter for more details.