Montenegro: Economic measures package
On 09 April 2020, the Prime Minister of Montenegro presented a package of economic measures to mitigate Covid-19 effects:
- Subsidies for closed industries for April and May 2020 at the amount of 70% of the minimum salary and 100% of taxes and contributions to the minimum salary for each registered employee in the sectors which are most affected by the latest measures brought to combat the epidemic
- Subsidies for endangered industries for April and May, at the amount of 50% of gross salary for each registered employee in the sectors where work is jeopardized by the latest measures brought to combat the epidemic
- Subsidy for earnings of employees on paid leave for April and May at the amount of 70% of gross minimum salary for each employee who had to stay at home to take care of a child under the age of 11
- Quarantine or isolation salary subsidies also for April and May 2020 at the amount of 70% of gross minimum salary for each quarantined or self-isolated employee
- Subsidies for new employment in the amount of 70% of the gross minimum salary in the period of 6 months for entrepreneurs, micro, small and medium-sized enterprises that have proven to employ new eployees in April, and who have simultaneously proven to be registered as unemployed persons at the Employment Agency of Montenegro
To read the original article, please click here.